Clancy's Overflow Hotel
The majestic two storey hotel in Isisford's main street is called Clancy's Overflow Hotel in honour of Banjo's famous poem. This now disused old pub built in 1898 was originally called Power's Club Hotel. The pub's name was changed in 1965 by new owner Glen Clancy (no relation to the famous poem) who made the name change to reflect the area's association with Banjo Paterson. Apparently, the real Clancy was a drover who was sent a letter of demand by Paterson who was working as a lawyer in the 1890s. The address on the letter was to 'The Overflow' - a NSW sheep station. The reply is the famous line from the poem - 'Clancy's gone to Queensland droving and we don't know where he are'.